|What?: ||Chess RVA Quad Chess Tournament|
|Who?: ||Kindergarten through rising 9th grade |
|When?: ||Sunday, August 28th from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm (3 hours)|
|Where?: ||Unplugged Café. : 1300 Sycamore Square, Midlothian, VA 23113|
|Why?:||Play 6 games against players around your own strength|
|How much?:||$20 if paid by August 20th, $25 if paid after August 20th.|
Register online at www.ChessRVA.com under Tournaments.
|Other:||This will be a Quad format: Top 4 rated players are placed into their own|
section, then the next 4 highest in another section, and so on down the
list. The players in each quad play a single (or double) round robin
depending on time remaining.
Trophy to each quad winner, metal for 2nd place. All receive key chain
Membership with the USCF is recommended, but not necessary –
Here is the membership form:
Tourney rules include:
Touch move. Do not have to record games.
Clocks may be used to keep tournament on schedule.
Parents are free to stay or to go, but do not linger over your child’s chess
game during play.
Brian Garbera 804-921-2410 cell/text
Chess RVA’s tournaments:
- Occur in person every 4-6 weeks (non-COVID)
- Are only 3 hours long
- Have participants playing anywhere from 4-8 games
- Combine both unrated and quick rated (G/15) – membership with USCF for 4th graders and higher is recommended but not necessary – https://secure2.uschess.org/webstore/member.php?wkmemtp=U1)
- Have two sections K-3rd and 4th-8th with trophies for the top 2 in each section or quad format
- Give out chess key chains for all participants
- Applies the “touch move” rule
- Recording of moves not required
- Once game is completed, you will be matched with next available player in non-quad format
- Players may end up with a different number of games completed
- Clocks may be used to keep tournament on schedule
- Parents are free to stay or to go, but do not linger over your child’s chess board
Contact Information: Brian Garbera 804-921-2410 cell/text