|What?: ||Chess RVA Cross Round Chess Tournament|
|Who?: ||Kindergarten through 9th grade |
|When?: ||Saturday, April 1st from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm (3 hours)|
|Where?: ||Mathnasium Short Pump located at 11530 D, W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23233|
|Why?:||Chess RVA’s cross round tourney will have you playing between 5 to 9 games in 3 hours.|
|How much?:||$20 if paid by March 24th, $25 if paid after March 24th.|
Register online at www.ChessRVA.com under Tournaments.
|Other:||Trophy for 1st and 2nd, medal for 3rd in each section. All participants receive a chess key chain.|
Three sections, Sections K-3, grades 4&5 and grades 6-9
USCF Membership recommended.
Tourney rules include:
Touch move. Do not have to record games. Once game is completed, you will be matched with next available player with a similar record.
Players may end up with a different number of games completed. Clocks may be used to keep tournament on schedule.
Parents are free to stay or to go, but do not linger over your child’s chess game during play.
Contact Information: Brian Garbera 804-921-2410 text
Chess RVA’s tournaments:
- Occur in person every 4-6 weeks (non-COVID)
- Are only 3 hours long
- Have participants playing anywhere from 4-8 games
- Combine both unrated and quick rated (G/15) – membership with USCF for 4th graders and higher is recommended but not necessary – https://secure2.uschess.org/webstore/member.php?wkmemtp=U1)
- Have two sections based on grade levels with trophies in each section or quad format
- Give out chess key chains for all participants
- Applies the “touch move” rule
- Recording of moves not required
- Once game is completed, you will be matched with next available player in non-quad format
- Players may end up with a different number of games completed
- Clocks may be used to keep tournament on schedule
- Parents are free to stay or to go, but do not linger over your child’s chess board
Contact Information: Brian Garbera 804-921-2410 cell/text